Thank you notes

Thank you for making cookies while I was at the hospital.
Thank you for rushing my other boys to your house so they didn't have to see the ambulance pick up their brother
Thank you for changing your plans to stay with us
Thank you for bringing me dinner at the hospital
Thank you for offering to bring me lunch in the hospital
Thank you for deciding that you should bring us dinner, and then doing it without asking if it was okay
Thank you for rushing into my home, picking out what I needed and then driving it to me at the ER
Thank you for telling me to always have a "go" bag ready for emergencies (next time)
Thank you for picking my boys up and reading them stories before bed
Thank you for flossing Ryan's teeth before bed
Thank you for telling me you loved me while I was crying on the phone
Thank you for buying me $50 worth of magazines to keep my mind occupied
Thank you for calling me and leaving a voice mail
Thank you for doing ALL the laundry before you left
Thank you for checking in with me everyday since, to see how we are
Thank you for letting me run with your dog
Thank you for buying dinner at Snuffy's while my husband took a shift in the hospital
Thank you for sending me pictures of my boys at the parade that I missed
Thank you for driving Owen home from baseball
Thank you for stopping me mid-run in the parking lot and giving me a hug
Thank you for explaining the intricacies of the pulmonary system
Thank you for shaking my hand each morning on rounds
Thank you for not waking me up in the middle of the night while you were checking his vitals
Thank you for offering to fly up from Texas to help our family get through this
Thank you for well wishes on Facebook
Thank you for for your prayers
Thank you for offering whatever we needed
Thank you for not pretending everything was okay
Thank you for laughing with me
Thank you for the hilarious texting banter while we were waiting in the ER
Thank you for reminding me how loved our family is
Thank you for going to Target to buy your 8 year old grandson more diapers
Thank you for the amazing chili and all fixings
Thank you for offering to take the boys with your boys
Thank you for bringing the boys to the corn maze ALL-DAY
Thank you for finding a replacement for my PTO post
Thank you for checking in with me after I abruptly left your house because of Dermot's seizures
Thank you for not fighting me when I requested a round of antibiotics
Thank you for picking up the phone on the first ring
Thank you for having Dermot's entire class sing a get well song, video taping it and then posting it on YouTube so Dermot could watch it while he was laying in bed
Thank you for being my village.

Each time we have a crisis I am reminded how loved we are. I am reminded that we are not alone in this journey with Dermot. We have family in town, even if they are not related. It's more than okay to ask for help. To be specific. Because in doing so, I am helping you be of service. Because then you can feel less powerless. You can step up and make a difference. However big or small your deed. You helped us. You will be called upon again as we go on this road with Dermot. You are valued, appreciated and loved by us. You share our pain, our heavy load, our joy, our uncertain future.

Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Note to my inner child.

What happened to you?

Letter to Dermot